Wood Carving Day
Wood carving day, Join us for a day of wood carving skills where you will get the opportunity to craft your very own unique piece of work to take away with you at our beautiful site on the National trusts Cotehele estate.
Everyone will leave with a unique hand crafted working set of tent pegs, a mallet and any other project work they create
Start: 9am – Please arrive 15-mins early to avoid a delayed start.
Location: Cotehele National Trust, Cornwall
The day will begin with a safety brief on using the cutting tools which will help keep everybody safe throughout the rest of the day and in future events. We will then begin the practical elements of the course – or better known as the fun part! To start with you will need to be able to identify the type of wood most suitable for this kind of activity and so you will be taught about wood selection and tree identification; we will explain how to select a good piece of wood for your project and talk you through the process before you begin. Once you have selected your piece of wood it will be time to start. You will begin crafting your project from a cut section of a tree which you will split using your newly learnt techniques. By the end of your day with us you will have selected, prepared and carved your very own piece of work to take away with you. Popular choices for projects are Large stirring Spoons, Spatulas and smaller eating spoons.
- Practical outdoor clothing (WATERPROOFS)
- Walking boots or similar (Wellies will do if we are in for a wet day)
- A coat (Ideally waterproof)
- Packed lunch / snacks
- A full water bottle (for drinking)
- Anti-bacterial wipes
- Small first aid kit
- Hand sanitiser
- A notebook and pencil
We will supply:
- Cutting tools
PLEASE ONLY BRING WHAT YOU CAN COMFORTABLY CARRY AS THERE IS A 20 MINUITE WALK TO OUR SITE.
Upon booking you will receive all the relevant information for your event via email. This will be to the email address provided upon booking. Please check your junk folder for this information.
Due to H&S requirements, it is essential that disclaimers are completed and returned for each participant prior to your course date. Failure to complete the required disclaimer will result in you being unable to attend the course.
Any photographs or photography taken by the instructors during the course may be used by Serious Outdoor Skills in promotional material or advertising either printed or on the internet. If you do not wish to be present in any photographs, please let your instructor know upon arrival to your event.
Please bring a packed lunch, snacks, and a drink with you.
Age 14+ *Must attend with a paying adult aged 18+
PLEASE NOTE: Trips will run weather permitting. Should our event need to be postponed for any reasons out of the control of Serious Outdoor Skills, as per our T&Cs, an alternative date will be available.
Q. Can I bring my dog?
- Unfortunately, dogs cannot attend our events.
Q. I have made a booking, but I have not received any information about my event.
- An email containing all the course details will be sent to the email address provided upon booking. Please ensure you have entered the correct email address.
- Please check your junk/spam folder as the email may have been sent there.
- If you have still not received the course details, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Q. I have booked a date I can no longer attend, what are my options?
- Contact us at email@example.com to change your booking to an alternative date, providing availability.
- For cancellations and refunds, please refer to our Terms & Conditions: https://seriousoutdoorskills.co.uk/terms-and-conditions/
Q. My event was postponed due to adverse weather, what happens now?
- Due to the nature of our business, events may be postponed if it is deemed unsafe to run due to adverse weather. In this instance, you will be offered an alternative date to attend your event.
Q. What happens if my event is postponed because of Covid-19?
- Option 1) You will be provided with a credit note which will be valid for 18 months.
- Option 2) You will be offered an alternative date, providing availability.
- Option 3) You will be provided with a refund.