Traps, Snares and Game Preparation
Our traps, snares and dead-falls one day course is an introduction to this skilled aspect of survival and bushcraft knowledge. On this course you will learn the importance of trapping and why it is vital in a survival situation. You will learn where to trap, animal behaviour and trapping techniques. You will be shown several methods of different trapping styles and then you will get the chance to have a go at making and setting a trap for yourself, under the control of our experienced instructors.
You will be shown a wide selection of traps including spring snares, willow fish traps and big game toggle release traps. In amongst this busy day you will get the opportunity to prepare your own game. We will teach you how to prepare fish, game birds and rabbit. You will all have hands on experience doing this and have a great time learning on this action packed one day course.
2021 Dates: 23rd October 2021
Start: 9am – Please arrive 15-mins early to avoid a delayed start.
Location: Cotehele National Trust, Cornwall
- Practical outdoor clothing (Waterproofs)
- Walking boots or similar (Wellies will do if we are in for a wet day)
- A coat (Ideally waterproof)
- Packed lunch
- A mug or cup to drink from (hot drinks will be supplied)
- A full 1 litre water bottle (for drinking)
- Anti-bacterial wipes
- Hand sanitiser
- Rubbish bag/s (you will take your rubbish with you when bins are unavailable)
- A notebook and pencil
We will supply:
- Tools and equipment for taught session
- Tarp (shelter for bad weather)
PLEASE ONLY BRING WHAT YOU CAN COMFORTABLY CARRY. THERE IS A 20 MINUITE WALK TO OUR SITE.
Upon booking you will receive all the relevant information for your event via email. This will be to the email address provided upon booking. Please check your junk folder for this information.
Due to H&S requirements, it is essential that disclaimers are completed and returned for each participant prior to your course date. Failure to complete the required disclaimer will result in you being unable to attend the course.
Any photographs or photography taken by the instructors during the course may be used by Serious Outdoor Skills in promotional material or advertising either printed or on the internet. If you do not wish to be present in any photographs, please let your instructor know upon arrival to your event.
Please bring a packed lunch, snacks, and a drink with you.
Recommended minimum age 10+ (Must attend with a paying adult aged 18+) *It is the parent(s)/guardian(s) responsibility to determine if you feel the event is suitable for any child attending with you.
PLEASE NOTE: Trips will run weather permitting. Should our event need to be postponed for any reasons out of the control of Serious Outdoor Skills, as per our T&Cs, an alternative date will be available.
Q. Can I bring my dog?
- Unfortunately, dogs cannot attend our events.
Q. I have made a booking, but I have not received any information about my event.
- An email containing all the course details will be sent to the email address provided upon booking. Please ensure you have entered the correct email address.
- Please check your junk/spam folder as the email may have been sent there.
- If you have still not received the course details, please email email@example.com
Q. I have booked a date I can no longer attend, what are my options?
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to change your booking to an alternative date, providing availability.
- For cancellations and refunds, please refer to our Terms & Conditions: https://seriousoutdoorskills.co.uk/terms-and-conditions/
Q. My event was postponed due to adverse weather, what happens now?
- Due to the nature of our business, events may be postponed if it is deemed unsafe to run due to adverse weather. In this instance, you will be offered an alternative date to attend your event.
Q. What happens if my event is postponed because of Covid-19?
- Option 1) You will be provided with a credit note which will be valid for 18 months.
- Option 2) You will be offered an alternative date, providing availability.
- Option 3) You will be provided with a refund.