The Survival Challenge
This is as close as we can let you get to a real life remote survival situation. This event will take most people out of their comfort zones but it will also be rewarding, confidence boosting and a priceless life experience.
You will be stripped of all your outdoor equipment and tested with the minimum essential kit. You will be responsible for making your own shelter, sourcing water, finding food and making fire. You will be guided and observed by an experienced member of our professional team to ensure you are safe at every moment with us. This event will replicate the essential routine skills involved in a remote emergency or survival situation, thrown in with this will be some challenging tasks
The survival challenge would be the perfect follow up course for anyone who has done our survival bushcraft and wilderness skills weekend or anyone who wants to push their skills to the limit.
In order to complete this EXTREME SURVIVAL CHALLENGE weekend you will need a positive mind frame, grit and determination!
2021 Dates: 13th-15th August 2021
Start: Friday 3pm – Please arrive 15-mins early to avoid a delayed start.
Finish: Sunday approx. 11pm
Location: Cotehele National Trust, Cornwall
- Practical outdoor clothing (waterproofs)
- Walking boots or similar
- A coat (Ideally waterproof)
- A sleeping bag and roll mat
- bivvy bag
- Mess tins or billy cans
- plate or bowl
- Knife, fork, and spoon also a mug or cup to drink from
- A full water bottle (for drinking)
- A head torch and a spare set of batteries
- Insect repellent
- A whistle for emergencies
- Anti-bacterial wipes
- Small first aid kit
- Hand sanitiser
- A notebook and pencil
- Tea or coffee
- Change of clothing
PLEASE ONLY BRING WHAT YOU CAN COMFORTABLY CARRY AS THERE IS A 20 MINUITE WALK TO OUR SITE.
Upon booking you will receive all the relevant information for your event via email. This will be to the email address provided upon booking. Please check your junk folder for this information.
Due to H&S requirements, it is essential that disclaimers are completed and returned for each participant prior to your course date. Failure to complete the required disclaimer will result in you being unable to attend the course.
Any photographs or photography taken by the instructors during the course may be used by Serious Outdoor Skills in promotional material or advertising either printed or on the internet. If you do not wish to be present in any photographs, please let your instructor know upon arrival to your event.
You will be responsible for your own meals for the duration of the event.
Age 16+ *Must attend with a paying adult aged 18+
PLEASE NOTE: Trips will run weather permitting. Should our event need to be postponed for any reasons out of the control of Serious Outdoor Skills, as per our T&Cs, an alternative date will be available.
Q. Can I bring my dog?
- Unfortunately, dogs cannot attend our events.
Q. I have made a booking, but I have not received any information about my event.
- An email containing all the course details will be sent to the email address provided upon booking. Please ensure you have entered the correct email address.
- Please check your junk/spam folder as the email may have been sent there.
- If you have still not received the course details, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Q. I have booked a date I can no longer attend, what are my options?
- Contact us at email@example.com to change your booking to an alternative date, providing availability.
- For cancellations and refunds, please refer to our Terms & Conditions: https://seriousoutdoorskills.co.uk/terms-and-conditions/
Q My event was postponed due to adverse weather, what happens now?
- Due to the nature of our business, events may be postponed if it is deemed unsafe to run due to adverse weather. In this instance, you will be offered an alternative date to attend your event.
Q. What happens if my event is postponed because of Covid-19?
- Option 1) You will be provided with a credit note which will be valid for 18 months.
- Option 2) You will be offered an alternative date, providing availability.
- Option 3) You will be provided with a refund.