Survival Bushcraft and Wilderness Skills Weekend
Survival and Bushcraft skills in Devon and Cornwall
Our Survival, Bushcraft and Wilderness Skills Weekend is an action packed event covering many sessions that will leave you feeling more confident in your future outdoor adventures. This course is tailored for all abilities and experiences. We have planned this event so you get the most out of your weekend, learn some essential skills and truly enjoy your experience.
All of the sessions that we teach over the duration of this event will be delivered by an experienced member of our team. The sessions will be both informative and hands-on.
As action packed as this course is you will have some down time to do as you wish; perhaps to practice some of your newly found skills or to just sit back and take in the surrounding scenery and wildlife. This really is an unforgettable weekend. Don’t just take our word for it, come along and experience it!
A great weekend event that is packed with informative hands-on sessions. Ideal for anyone wanting to learn or build on existing knowledge of survival, bushcraft and wilderness skills.
13th – 15th May 2022
10th – 12th June 2022 -Sold out
12th – 14th August 2022
7th – 9th October 2022
Start: Friday 5.00pm – Please arrive 15-mins early to avoid a delayed start.
Finish: Sunday approx. 11am
Location: Cotehele National Trust, Cornwall
Here is what you will get up to:
• Knife safety and cutting techniques
• How to use a tarp
• Game preparation- Bird & Mammal
• Making damper bread
• Shelter building
• Traps, snares and the legal aspects
• Cordage and knots
• Foraging- An insight into edible, medicinal and poisonous flora
• Signalling and rescue
• Knife law and maintenance
• Natural navigation and moving on
• Finding and making safe water
• Fire lighting
When you arrive in our beautiful woodland camp on Friday our activities will begin. On the first night you will be spending the evening under a tarpaulin, a great way to truly experience the outdoors. The following day you will be making your own shelters from natural resources and sleeping in them.
- Practical outdoor clothing (Waterproofs)
- Walking boots or similar (Wellies will do if we are in for a wet weekend)
- A coat (Ideally waterproof)
- A sleeping bag and roll mat
- Bivvy bag
- Mess tins, Billy can (a plate and bowl will do)
- Knife, fork, and spoon also a mug or cup to drink from
- A full water bottle (for drinking)
- A head torch and a spare set of batteries
- Insect repellent
- A whistle for emergencies
- Anti-bacterial wipes
- Hand sanitiser
- Small first aid kit
- 1 x lunch and 2 x breakfast meals
- Gas Stove and gas canister
- A notebook and pencil
- Tea or coffee
- Change of clothing
- 2 x evening meals (Should you prefer to self-cater)
We will supply:
- Evening meals
- Tools and equipment for taught sessions
PLEASE ONLY BRING WHAT YOU CAN COMFORTABLY CARRY AS THERE IS A 20 MINUITE WALK TO OUR SITE.
Upon booking you will receive all the relevant information for your event via email. This will be to the email address provided upon booking. Please check your junk folder for this information.
Due to H&S requirements, it is essential that disclaimers are completed and returned for each participant prior to your course date. Failure to complete the required disclaimer will result in you being unable to attend the course.
Any photographs or photography taken by the instructors during the course may be used by Serious Outdoor Skills in promotional material or advertising either printed or on the internet. If you do not wish to be present in any photographs, please let your instructor know upon arrival to your event.
Evening meals will be provided by Serious Outdoor Skills – you will be responsible for your own breakfast and lunch. Please bring any extra snacks if you wish. Serious Outdoor Skills will supply a campfire kettle as well as tea, coffee, milk, and sugar. Evening meals will usually consist of either of the following:
- Friday: Vegetable stir-fry and noodles. You will have the option to add the pigeon previously prepared during the game prep session to your meal.
- Saturday: Rabbit stew and handmade flat breads. Vegetable stew for vegetarians
If you have any food allergies or would prefer to self-cater for evening meals, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to inform us of this.
Age 16+ *Must attend with a paying adult aged 18+
PLEASE NOTE: Trips will run weather permitting. Should our event need to be postponed for any reasons out of the control of Serious Outdoor Skills, as per our T&Cs, an alternative date will be available.
Q. Can I bring my dog?
- Unfortunately, dogs cannot attend our events.
Q. I have made a booking, but I have not received any information about my event.
- An email containing all the course details will be sent to the email address provided upon booking. Please ensure you have entered the correct email address.
- Please check your junk/spam folder as the email may have been sent there.
- If you have still not received the course details, please email email@example.com
Q. I have booked a date I can no longer attend, what are my options?
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to change your booking to an alternative date, providing availability.
- For cancellations and refunds, please refer to our Terms & Conditions: https://seriousoutdoorskills.co.uk/terms-and-conditions/
Q. My event was postponed due to adverse weather, what happens now?
- Due to the nature of our business, events may be postponed if it is deemed unsafe to run due to adverse weather. In this instance, you will be offered an alternative date to attend your event.
Q. What happens if my event is postponed because of Covid-19?
- Option 1) You will be provided with a credit note which will be valid for 18 months.
- Option 2) You will be offered an alternative date, providing availability.
- Option 3) You will be provided with a refund.