High Willhays Walk
Join us for a guided walk to High Willhays the highest hill on Dartmoor. We will also stop at Yes Tor, Black Tor and Blackator Copse. We will teach you how to hike safely on the open moor and hills and how to navigate using a map and compass. We will cover the core skills needed to feel confident on your own hikes and adventures.
A reasonable level of fitness is required to attend this event.
2021 Dates: 12th June 2021
Start: 9am – Please arrive 15-mins early to avoid a delayed start.
Finish: Approx. 2pm
Location: Meldon reservoir car park, Devon (£2 Car Park Charge)
Distance: Approx. 10km over broken ground
- Practical outdoor clothing
- Walking boots or similar
- A full water bottle (for drinking)
- A whistle for emergencies
- Dartmoor OS map 1 25.000
- Compass with a 1 .25000 scale
- Packed lunch / snacks
- A rucksack to carry everything
- Small first aid kit
- Hand sanitiser
- A notebook and pencil
- Tea or coffee
- Extra clothing (warm layers)
PLEASE ONLY BRING WHAT YOU CAN COMFORTABLY CARRY.
Upon booking you will receive all the relevant information for your event via email. This will be to the email address provided upon booking. Please check your junk folder for this information.
Due to H&S requirements, it is essential that disclaimers are completed and returned for each participant prior to your course date. Failure to complete the required disclaimer will result in you being unable to attend the course.
Any photographs or photography taken by the instructors during the course may be used by Serious Outdoor Skills in promotional material or advertising either printed or on the internet. If you do not wish to be present in any photographs, please let your instructor know upon arrival to your event.
Please bring a packed lunch, snacks, and a drink with you.
Age 14+ *Must attend with a paying adult aged 18+
PLEASE NOTE: Trips will run weather permitting. Should our event need to be postponed for any reasons out of the control of Serious Outdoor Skills, as per our T&Cs, an alternative date will be available.
Q. Can I bring my dog?
- Unfortunately, dogs cannot attend our events.
Q. I have made a booking, but I have not received any information about my event.
- An email containing all the course details will be sent to the email address provided upon booking. Please ensure you have entered the correct email address.
- Please check your junk/spam folder as the email may have been sent there.
- If you have still not received the course details, please email email@example.com
Q. I have booked a date I can no longer attend, what are my options?
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to change your booking to an alternative date, providing availability.
- For cancellations and refunds, please refer to our Terms & Conditions: https://seriousoutdoorskills.co.uk/terms-and-conditions/
Q. My event was postponed due to adverse weather, what happens now?
- Due to the nature of our business, events may be postponed if it is deemed unsafe to run due to adverse weather. In this instance, you will be offered an alternative date to attend your event.
Q. What happens if my event is postponed because of Covid-19?
- Option 1) You will be provided with a credit note which will be valid for 18 months.
- Option 2) You will be offered an alternative date, providing availability.
- Option 3) You will be provided with a refund.