Tamar Valley Full Moon Paddle
The Full Moon Paddle trips have been planned for the evenings of a full moon therefore we will be canoeing on the high evening tide whilst enjoying a relaxing paddle in the Tamar valley. What a perfect way to spend a summer evening!
Our guided canoe trips take place on the scenic and historic Tamar Valley and are a fantastic way to explore this area of natural beauty. The River Tamar separates the counties of Devon and Cornwall. Our guided trips will give you the opportunity to take in some amazing views. You may also see a rich variety of wildlife as well as some of the historic workings in the area.
We will be travelling in open Canadian canoes; this is a fun and relaxing way to explore this region. Canoeing is a fun activity for all abilities and ages to enjoy.
Whilst on the water we have seen a great variety of wildlife such as herons, seals, salmon leaping from the river, otters, birds of prey and more. This experience is a perfect way to explore the region and is suitable for private bookings, hen or stag events, birthdays or just to treat yourself.
Start: Trips are run to coincide with high tide
Finish: Approx 3-hours from start time
Location: Calstock, Cornwall
- You will need to arrive 15 minutes prior to your start time to be fitted with a buoyancy aid.
- We recommend booking in pairs for this trip as it is 2 people per canoe, however this is not essential.
- Price: £32 per person (not per canoe)
- Seats are located either end of the canoe
- Space in the middle on the floor of the canoe for 1-2 young children or 1 small youth/adult
- No dogs
- Free parking available
- Booking is essential!
PLEASE NOTE Trips will run weather permitting. We have planned our trips to be on the water when the moon rises although we cannot guarantee the moon will be visible. All full moon paddle trips will take place in the evening, not at night, due to the importance of course participants safety.
- Practical outdoor clothing (suitable for weather conditions on the day)
- A lightweight pair of trainers or flip flops that you do not mind getting wet.
- A lightweight waterproof coat.
- A full water bottle (for drinking)
- Head torch.
- A whistle.
- Hand sanitiser.
- A few snacks.
- Change of clothing.
We will supply:
- Canadian canoes
- Buoyancy aids
Upon booking you will receive all the relevant information for your event via email. This will be to the email address provided upon booking. Please check your junk folder for this information.
Due to H&S requirements, it is essential that disclaimers are completed and returned for each participant prior to your course date. Failure to complete the required disclaimer will result in you being unable to attend the course.
Any photographs or photography taken by the instructors during the course may be used by Serious Outdoor Skills in promotional material or advertising either printed or on the internet. If you do not wish to be present in any photographs, please let your instructor know upon arrival to your event.
Please bring a drink with you and snacks if you wish.
Recommended minimum age 14+
PLEASE NOTE: Trips will run weather permitting. Should our event need to be postponed for any reasons out of the control of Serious Outdoor Skills, as per our T&Cs, an alternative date will be available.
Q. I have made a booking, but I have not received any information about my event.
- An email containing all the course details will be sent to the email address provided upon booking.
- Please ensure you have entered the correct email address.
- Please check your junk/spam folder as the email may have been sent there. If you have still not received the course details, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Q. I have booked a date I can no longer attend, what are my options?
- Contact us at email@example.com to change your booking to an alternative date, providing availability.
- For cancellations and refunds, please refer to our Terms & Conditions: https://seriousoutdoorskills.co.uk/terms-and-conditions/
Q. My event was postponed due to adverse weather, what happens now?
- Due to the nature of our business, events may be postponed if it is deemed unsafe to run due to adverse weather. In this instance, you will be offered an alternative date to attend your event.
Q. What happens if my event is postponed because of Covid-19?
- Option 1) You will be provided with a credit note which will be valid for 18 months.
- Option 2) You will be offered an alternative date, providing availability.
- Option 3) You will be provided with a refund.
Q. The information for the canoe trips advises to book in pairs, can I still attend alone?
- Yes, you can book a single place on our canoe events.
Q. I have never canoed before, is this trip suitable for me?
- Yes, this trip is suitable for all abilities
Q. Can I bring my child/children with me?
- There is space in the Canadian canoes for 2 adults seated either end and 1 child to sit in the middle on the floor of the canoe.
- 1 adult can paddle with up to 2 children in a canoe.