Full Moon Hike on Dartmoor
Full Moon Hike on Dartmoor, Join us for an enjoyable night time hike in Dartmoor National Park under the natural light of the full moon! This will be a great opportunity to improve your navigation skills or to simply enjoy an evening walk with us. The event will take place near Burrator Reservoir, the jewel of Dartmoor! On our walk we will visit the top of some of the nearby Tors and take in some of the finest views around, we will also talk about celestial constellations and how they are linked to navigation techniques, other stars and any visible planets.
- Friday 18th Mar 2022 – 5.30pm
- Saturday 16th Apr 2023- 6.00pm
- Sunday 15th May 2023- 7.00pm
Start: Times vary for time of year
Finish: Approx. 3-hours from start time
Location: Yelverton, Devon
Distance: Approx. 5km
- Warm, suitable outdoor clothing
- A hat
- Walking boots or similar
- A full water bottle (for drinking)
- A whistle for emergencies
- Small first aid kit
- Hand sanitiser
- A working head torch
- A snack
- A rucksack to carry everything
- If you would like to bring your own map and compass for this event to practice your night navigation skills, then please do so. You will require a Dartmoor OS map at 1.25000 scale and a suitable compass.
PLEASE ONLY BRING WHAT YOU CAN COMFORTABLY CARRY.
Upon booking you will receive all the relevant information for your event via email. This will be to the email address provided upon booking. Please check your junk folder for this information.
Due to H&S requirements, it is essential that disclaimers are completed and returned for each participant prior to your course date. Failure to complete the required disclaimer will result in you being unable to attend the course.
Any photographs or photography taken by the instructors during the course may be used by Serious Outdoor Skills in promotional material or advertising either printed or on the internet. If you do not wish to be present in any photographs, please let your instructor know upon arrival to your event.
Please bring snacks and a drink with you.
Recommended minimum age 10+ (Must attend with a paying adult aged 18+) *It is the parent(s)/guardian(s) responsibility to determine if you feel the event is suitable for any child attending with you.
PLEASE NOTE: Trips will run weather permitting. Should our event need to be postponed for any reasons out of the control of Serious Outdoor Skills, as per our T&Cs, an alternative date will be available.
Q. Can I bring my dog?
- Unfortunately, we do not allow dogs to attend our events.
Q. I have made a booking, but I have not received any information about my event.
- An email containing all the course details will be sent to the email address provided upon booking. Please ensure you have entered the correct email address.
- Please check your junk/spam folder as the email may have been sent there.
- If you have still not received the course details, please email email@example.com
Q. I have booked a date I can no longer attend, what are my options?
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to change your booking to an alternative date, providing availability.
- For cancellations and refunds, please refer to our Terms & Conditions: https://seriousoutdoorskills.co.uk/terms-and-conditions/
Q. My event was postponed due to adverse weather, what happens now?
- Due to the nature of our business, events may be postponed if it is deemed unsafe to run due to adverse weather. In this instance, you will be offered an alternative date to attend your event.
Q. What happens if my event is postponed because of Covid-19?
- Option 1) You will be provided with a credit note which will be valid for 18 months.
- Option 2) You will be offered an alternative date, providing availability.
- Option 3) You will be provided with a refund.